Electrical Compact Sub-Stations
The substation is a compact enclosure consisting of MV switchgear, a transformer and an LV switchboard located in three separate compartments, whichare segregated from each other by means of partitions in order to ensure personnel safety. Accessibility to operate or maintain the equipment is through lockable doors provided for each compartment to maximise security. Assembly of the complete substation is factory ready to minimise site installation time and cost. All equipment is of high quality and tested as a complete unit.
CSS is designed, keeping in mind the personal safety & aesthetics, considering HT equipment is located in high density urban places. It is a pre-fabricated secondary sub-station consisting of three compartments (i.e.) H.V.Compartment which houses Vacuum Circuit Breaker (VCB) or Load Break Switch (LBS), the transformer compartment which houses dry type /oil cooled transformers & the LV compartment which houses ACB, MCCB, SFU etc. as per client's requirement. All components are housed in an enclosure, which protects the equipment against environmental hazards & unauthorized access. The electrical Equipments are cooled by natural ventilation.
ADVANTAGES OF CSS:
- Fully compartmentalized design
- Easy to install, operate & require very Less Maintenance
- Cost Effective & Space Saving
- Reduced Electrical Losses as CSS can be installed near the load centre
- A high degree of Safety & operational reliability is achieved by HT & LT switchgear with protective relays
- Reduction in logistic cost as the CSS is delivered as a single unit
- Tailored Configuration to meet customer requirement
- Due to the enclosed construction, it avoids Bird hit, human / animal contact which may lead to fatal accident and disruption of power supply
- Aesthetically enhanced look & designed to suit the site topography, which gives pleasing appearance
- No separate room is required
- Can be installed Indoor & Outdoor